PHOENIX BUSINESS JOURNAL'S BEST PLACES TO WORK
K2 Electric was featured as a finalist in Best Places to Work for the second year in a row! Stay tuned to hear where we are placed!
See the list here: https://bizj.us/1qgw2x
K2 Electric is honored to be a “Best Place to Work” Finalist for the second year in a row! Our wonderful employees responded to a lengthy survey about the K2 Culture, Benefits, Compensation etc. We were humbled to see that:
- 97% of those that responded to the survey feel engaged in their work.
- 85% of our employees see professional growth and career development opportunities for themselves within our organization
- We scored 8 points higher than the same size average company finalist in the benefits portion
One Anonymous quote from the survey was as follows:
“It is hard to explain to someone who hasn’t been here for it. After all the different companies I’ve worked for, all the different industries… food service, customer service, sales, manufacturing, to now electrical construction… there is nothing like it. Most companies have respect for their employees, its pretty much a minimum expectation right? Few companies show the love and dedication that K2 does to their employee’s well-being, growth, and personal lives without needing to be prompted. This family is exceptional!”
K2’s focus this year was TEAMWORK – the senior leaders of the organization value people as their most important resource. We know that when employees feel valued and empowered they are more productive and happy. Here are some of the initiatives K2 did this year in response to last years input from employees:
- The Employee Resource Care Program (175 care giving sessions YTD)
- Started Field Leadership Development Program (FLDP) – aimed to identify leaders within the organization and train them up as quickly as possible. We are starting our second cohort this October.
- The Cultural Strength Committee – this committee has outlined how as a corporation we live out our values and looks for ways to build the feeling of a strong team within, keep that family-like feeling even though we are now quite large. For example: Quarterly Field Days, Birthdays, Anniversaries, Apprentice Appreciation and Graduations, etc.
- We wanted our employees to thrive at the workplace and at home. We have offered the “Smart Dollar” program, started this past March, to every employee and currently have 35 employees engaged. This is a program that teaches, tracks and rewards those working to pay off debt, save etc.
- Our company values our community – We plan two yearly trips to Mexico for all employees who want to participate in “1 Mission” service trip to build houses for families are planned. Our community service committee has a quarterly offerings for employees to engage in various activities as well.
- Lastly, we have completed training and are looking for a software solution to deliver on performance feedback on a quarterly basis for all field team members.
Thank you to all of the K2 Employees for responding authentically to this extensive survey. We have read every comment and are already planning on ways to improve and invest into Team K2 in 2023!